Safety and Prevention at Our Centers
During these unprecedented times, Macomb Endoscopy Center and Surgical Centers of Michigan are following the guidelines of the CDC by doing the following things to help keep our patients, visitors, staff members and physicians as safe as possible:
- All vaccinated patients are required to bring their vaccine card with them to the appointment, to show proof of COVID-19 vaccination series completion.
- All of our patients will be asked symptom screening questions when they are called with their arrival times.
- If signs/symptoms of COVID-19 are present, the patient’s procedure will be rescheduled.
- Non-vaccinated patients or patients with recent travel outside of Michigan will be tested for COVID-19. To help ensure use of a reliable test, the current protocol is for testing to occur three days prior to the procedure, and patients will be asked to adhere to social distancing guidelines, good hand hygiene and mask use, following testing and at least until discharge from our Centers.
- PCR Testing will occur onsite at a laboratory not affiliated with the Centers.
- Patients will remain in their vehicle while the laboratory employee performs their test.
- Drivers will be asked to remain in their vehicle for the entirety of the patient’s visit.
- If a driver needs to come into the Centers for any reason, they will present their COVID-19 vaccination series card and complete a symptom screening, or they will complete a COVID-19 PCR test within three days of the patient’s scheduled procedure and complete a symptom screening.
- Patients and drivers will be required to wear a mask upon entering the Centers. No exceptions.
- Waiting room furniture has been spaced out, allowing for 6 feet of social distancing.
- Temperatures will be taken and additional COVID-19 screening questions will be asked while the patient is in Pre-Op.
- All staff members, anesthesia providers and physicians will wear appropriate PPE, including masks and gloves.
- Procedure room staff and physicians have been trained on using the appropriate PPE, including putting on PPE and removing it.
- We go above and beyond what is recommended from the CDC.
- Thorough cleaning of the Centers is completed throughout the day and is documented when completed.
- All physicians, staff members, anesthesia providers and vendors complete a self-screening when entering our facility.
- If they show any signs/symptoms of being ill, they may not enter the Centers.
- All deliveries received are wiped down with a disinfectant.
If you have any questions or concerns, please let us know. We would be happy to listen. Thank you for trusting us for your healthcare needs. Your safety is our top priority.